Surface Tech’s Dura™ is an advanced solution designed to elevate the performance and durability of roads through the application of Ultra Thin Bonded Wearing Course (UTBWC). This innovative pavement surface treatment creates a thin, high-quality wearing surface that effectively safeguards the underlying pavement structure from wear, moisture, and environmental factors. UTBWC consists of a Gap graded ARCA™ mixture placed on top of a polymer modified trackless tack. Ensuring the bonding of the overlay and the pavement below. Machine less option provides ease of use and ease of installation.
- The only EPD Certification Aramid product (Low carbon additive)
- The only Emerald Eco-Labeled Aramid product
- No potentially harmful plastics or other fillers
- No risk of additional VOCs impacting stack testing
- One dose is 5 times less volume than the competitor dramatically reducing shipping and storage costs
- ASTM Standard D8395-2023 for Aramid Fibers in Asphalt Mixtures standardizes a dose as 2.1oz per US Ton (65 grams/tonne).
- Patented binding method disperses into mix. No Aramid clinging to inside of drum and hoses nor loss into the bag house.
- Form factor ensures precision dosing.
DURA Enhancing Performance with UTWBC
- Dura™ mitigates the occurrence of reflective cracking
- Creates a protective water barrier
- Enhances the riding surface
- Durable, skid-resistant surface
EASE OF ADOPTION
- Machine less installation
- Minimal traffic flow disruption
- Precision dosing with daily reports
- Longer life expectation
- Reduces embodied carbon in comparable mixes
- EPD certification – Ultra low carbon additive
- Can be used to meet low carbon asphalt specs on IIJA and IRA funded projects
- Listed in Emerald Eco Label (NAPA’s verified EPD tool)
- Helps to meet corporate ESG reporting requirements
- Longer life – reduced maintenance costs
- Requiring fewer materials
- Less labor than traditional overlay products
- Maximizing budget allocation while delivering superior results